1. What is Pulsar? How is a pulsar similar to a lighthouse?2. If light cannot escape from a black hole, why do we detect X-rays “coming from” black holes?3. What is located at the center of our galaxy & how far is the Earth from this location?4. How long does it take the Milky Way to rotate once? If we assume that the Milky Way formed 13.5 billion years ago, roughly how many times has it rotated?5. Where in our Milky Way galaxy are the oldest stars found? What does this tell us about the formation of the galaxy?6. List three types of galaxy. Which type of galaxy do you live in?7. Explain why astronomers have deduced that galaxies contain a large quantity of “Dark Matter”8. Use Hubble’s Law to determine the distance to a galaxy which is moving away at a velocity of 3,500 km/s. (Assume that H = 70 km/s/Mpc)9. How did humans first understand that the universe is expanding? What type of observations led to this conclusion?10. The Hubble Deep Field is a long-exposure image taken in 1995, which revealed thousands of galaxies, all found in one very small part of the sky. In 2004 a similar, even longer exposure was taken called the Ultra Deep Field. These images have been used to determine that there are about 100 billion galaxies in the observable universe. Assuming that these galaxies are all roughly similar to the Milky Way, estimate the total number of stars in the known universe.
Discuss why astronomers believe that Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto may harbor some sort of marine life. Why do they not expect any life on the surfaces of these worlds?
Cite two sources in APA format
If Earth did not have a magnetic field, do you think auroras would be more common or less common than they are today? Explain. Cite two sources uses APA format.
1. Describe how quasars were discovered.
2. Explain how astronomers determined that quasars are at the distances implied by their redshifts.
3. Justify the statement that the enormous amount of energy produced by quasars is generated in a very small volume of space.
Link to book:
The pictures of landscapes have a person in the center of the pictures. Please read the example and instructions first. Follow the example to draw and write form. And answer all the questions on the instructions. And use simple language. Thanks.
Book Link: https://openstax.org/books/astronomy/pages/23-thinking-ahead
1. Describe the physical characteristics of degenerate matter and explain how the mass and radius of degenerate stars are related.
2. Distinguish which stars will become white dwarfs.
3. Describe the type of binary star system that leads to a type Ia supernovae event.