Please submit each part separately
Part 1: 2 pages
Ava owns a chain of hair salons. However, the chain was forced to close for months during the Pandemic. As Ava was reading industry reports that many consumers, desperate to maintain their hair color, have begun coloring their hair at home, she became very concerned that customers would not return to the salon post-pandemic. To retain customers, the salon considered sending their customers customized ‘color touch-up kits,’ using her customer database. Ava mailed each customer a “kit” that included their custom hair color, instructions for applying and a coupon for their next in-salon service. This promotion, a direct mail tactic, was very successful. In fact, her customers started ordering kits to continue to color their hair at home. There was one problem. Ava was not gaining the revenue she was used to from regular haircuts and styling. She needed her customers to return to the salon post-pandemic, but she was afraid her customers were used to self-styling their hair.
For this assignment, respond to the following questions. Your submission should be a minimum of 2 pages and provide detailed, specific, and clear ideas. Submissions that are simply sweeping generalizations will not receive maximum points. Take your time with this–think strategically and carefully.
1. Which digital marketing, or social media marketing tactics or promotions should Ava consider trying to bring her customers back to the salon upon reopening? Offer at least 3-4.
2. Which tactics or promotions should she leverage for existing customers? For potential new customers? Offer at least 3-4 for each.
Part 2: 2 pages
A social media influencer is someone who exerts his or her influence through social media.
Recall from Chapter 13 the qualities that make a good influencer:
● Reach: The quantity of people to whom an influencer is able to deliver a message.
● Credibility: The level of trust given by followers based on the perceived knowledge or expertise of the influencer.
● Authenticity: Good influencers genuinely believe in the brand that they are promoting, and what it stands for. If influencers are not sincere, they risk alienating their audiences
● Activity: Influencers must be active on social media, publishing content daily or weekly to their platforms.
● Engaging: Influencers must engage with their followers. When followers mention the influencer or ask questions, it’s important to acknowledge followers by liking, or commenting back.
For this discussion board, identify a social media influencer that falls into one of the categories above. Include the following info and bullet your post to mirror the information below.
○ Name of the influencer & profession
○ Number of followers & which category they fall in to (nano, micro, etc.)
○ How they became an influencer/developed their influence (past activities and events)
○ How they use their influence now (product or brand promotions or other causes).
■ Note any specific brands or products that they promote
○ Which of the five influencer qualities listed above do you think makes this influencer a good influencer and why?
Part 3: 2 pages
Think about an influencer that you follow. Who are they? Why do you follow them and what kind of influence have they had on you and your life decisions? Cite a specific example. (Addison rae, Charli d’amelio, David dobrik, Cameron dallas)
Part 9: 4 pages
There are many benefits for brands who leverage influencer marketing such as:
● Increased exposure
● Brand awareness
● Improved search ranking
● More credibility
● Effectively reach a target market
● New leads
For this assignment, find a company or brand that has created and implemented an influencer marketing campaign. Create a document (you can do a ppt deck instead, if you prefer) that addresses the following information:
○ Name of the company or brand
○ Number of followers for the company or brand
○ The influencer they partnered with (name, profession, number of followers)
○ Describe the influencer’s marketing campaign, its objective, the main message of the campaign, the target audience, campaign goals, the social media platforms leveraged and any other details of the campaign.
○ Include post images and content from the campaign.
○ What were the results of the campaign? Did followers increase? Did sales increase? Did brand mentions increase? List any and all results available to you.
○ After summarizing the campaign, answer the following questions:
■ Do you feel that the influencer selected for the campaign matched well with the brand and the brands target audience? Explain why or why not.
■ Do you feel that the campaign was credible or authentic? Explain why or why not.
■ Do you feel that the campaign was effective in achieving its goals? Explain why or why not.
Part 4: 2 pages
When a social media crisis happens to a brand, to what extent do you believe it impacts the brand’s image and reputation with its stakeholders? Do you have a personal experience where your perception of a brand changed as a result of a crisis? If so, how did this affect your brand loyalty, buying habits, etc?
Part 5: 3 pages
A social media crisis is any social media activity that can hurt a company’s reputation or ability to conduct business. For this assignment, Find an example of a company or brand that has encountered a social media crisis. In a 3 page writeup, provide the following:
○ What is the company?
○ What was the crisis? Include pictures if available
○ How was the crisis identified?
○ How did the company respond to the crisis?
○ How long did it take to respond to the crisis?
○ Was the response received well by the public? If not, how could the response be improved upon?
○ Could the crisis have been avoided? If so, how?
○ What steps can the company take to prevent a future crisis?